Thursday, November 16, 2006
Happy 1/2 Birthday Pierce
Pierce turned 6 months old today. I can’t believe it!! We introduced him to solids for the 1st time this evening and He loves it!! We have been practicing with a spoon for about a week. First we started with just letting P play with the spoon. The last few days we have been giving him expressed breast milk on a spoon. So last night when the rice cereal was all ready, as soon as P saw the spoon he got really excited and started leaning forward in anticipation. He was definitely ready for solids. My mom was over and she took still pictures while Mark captured the moment on video. Pierce wore one of the bibs I gave Mark to tell him we were pregnant. He took right to it. He didn't even make a funny face towards the texture or anything (probably from all of our practice with the spoon). Momma and Daddy have a thing or two to learn about the appropriate bite size. Hence the huge mess. P didn't mind though. He sucked the cereal off his fingers. He even ate the entire bowl. Solids introduction was a HUGE success. I still can't believe my lil' man is eating food!! I am sooooo glad we made our goal of exclusively nursing for 6 months--I am extremely proud of us both!! Our next nursing goal is to continue nursing until at least his 1st birthday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment