went great!! All looks, feels, and sounds wonderful!!
Baby's heartrate was 160 BPM. Doc asked if it sounded like a girl or boy heartbeat. I said, "I don't know, you tell me, what do you think?" I asked if she believe in the old wives tale and she said no. Mark and I discussed how early in our pregnancy with P his heartrate was fast, but as we got further along it slowed down. She said that's exactly what it is supposed to do--lil' mammals have fast heartrates and as they get larger the rate gets slower.
I have gained 1 pound since my 1st appt which puts me at 1 pound total weight gain according to my doc's scale (2.5 pounds according to my own scale). All my blood work came back good--even my iron.
She did have my LMP correct but still kept my due date at February 19th. She said my dating u/s actually showed February 23 but when it is within 1 week they keep the original date.
Questions I asked:
Is it too soon to feel movement?? (I guess I'm just imagining it), I should start feeling baby in 3-4 weeks
Is it okay to continue to wear P in our ergo?? Absolutely--I can wear him through our whole pregnancy
I realize delivery is a long way away, I'm just getting nervous about lifting restrictions post c-section. I wanna be able to hold my P. What are the weight restrictions?? Don't lift anything heavier than baby and the carseat for 2 weeks. I can still hold P and even sit in the floor and let him climb into my lap and stand holding him this way--I just can't lift him directly up off the floor for 2 weeks. I so needed this reassurance--I wanna be able to cuddle my lil' man!!
So all is well and perfect!! Next appt is September 13.
We have already told our parents and siblings (told them the day after we found out we were pregnant) about our pregnancy. When we got home I called my dad (hadn't told him yet b/c when we told him we were pregnant with P he was constantly asking me when he could tell others b/c we wanted to wait a few weeks, so we waited to tell him this time when he could tell), grandparents, an aunt, and pseudo step dad. About to send an email with pics of P in his big brother shirt to other aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment