Monday, September 8, 2008

thyroid update

I had my 4 wk. thryoid recheck today. More weight loss, more unaswered questions. My doc is very concerned about my weight loss and is sending me to an endocrinologist for a 2nd opinion. My weight has reached a pt. where she is worried about #1 my milk productions and #2 my bone density b/c all my calcium is going to my milk, and she's afraid it's setting me up for osteoporosis. She redrew all my labs and will have the results by Wed. my appt for the endocronologist is on Friday. We have no doubt that I do have Hashimoto's autoimmune thyroiditis, but we're starting to wonder if there is something else in addition we are missing. Mark suggested that maybe my body is becoming eu-thyroid. Basically what this means is I may have had this for years and my body is just now adjusting to normal thyroid function making my weight go where it would normally be. My doc said this very well could be possible with both nursing and thyroid meds giving my metabolsim a boost. Unfortunatley she doesn't know for sure, so now i'm off to a specialtist.........

No comments: