Monday, July 6, 2009

How cool is this?!

We're back from our retreat from the heat (aka our Rocky Mountain Vacay). We had a fabulous time!

I just wanted to share the cool science experiment we accidentally have going on in our house............ The day before we left, the kids and I discovered a caterpillar slinking across our living room floor. Thanks to my mama friend Becky, Pierce has this super cool bug catcher that we put it in with some grass. The rest of the day was spent busy packing and we forgot about our new furry friend. We left for vacation the next day. I was certain we'd come home to a shriveled up mess b/c I forgot to set it free. But look:
Photobucket
It's a pupa! And it's still alive! If you jiggle the bug catcher, it's tail (or what appears to be it's tail) will wiggle! We're hoping it'll turn into a butterfly (it's probably *just* a moth), but nevertheless, what an awesome experience for my babies to witness!

No comments: