Monday, August 31, 2009

update

Thank you all so very much for your thoughtful notes, emails, phone calls and most of all--PRAYERS! It's been a very emotional few days for us......... Everyone is hanging in there. Yesterday was Mom and Stepdad's wedding anniversary. Pierce picked out some gerbera daisies for Nana. They're bright yellow and cheery. My babies have been wonderful for uplifting their spirits. Pierce is very confused about Nana's house being "broken" and is afraid of our house breaking too.

Stepdad bought Mom a new bible for their anniversary (she was very upset about losing hers in the fire---we had gotten it for her for Christmas a few years back) which was very touching. He inscribed it with a msg about a fire may consume their belongings but it wouldn't shake their faith or marriage. An insurance adjustor is meeting with them in the am. I'll update some more then with pics.......... I would greatly appreciate your continued uplifting of my mom/stepdad as they begin the process of rebuilding.

1 comment:

Mama Bowen said...

Kelly, this story brought me to tears. I don't know your mom or stepdad, but in knowing you I can only imagine what an amazing person your mom is. To have such a terrible tragedy happen to someone like that is just heartbreaking. I will continue to lift them up in prayer. BIG HUGS to all of you!