Wednesday, December 22, 2010

checking in

We laid Papa to rest yesterday. The service was nice and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day.

Papa and I had a very special relationship. It is well known that I had him wrapped around my finger ever since I was a baby. I really hope he knew it was a mutual adoration.

The outpouring of support has been quite overwhelming. It's a true testament to the wonderful man Papa was. There was standing room only at the services and the florist actually ran out of flowers.

While it's comforting to know Papa is in Heaven, it still hurts so incredibly much to loose him. He will be greatly missed. I am devastated for my grandmother, his wife of 59 years. And I ache for Pierce and Harper who won't get to know him as I did.

We are absolutely crushed. The coming days will be very difficult for all of us. Please continue to uplift my grandmother, my mother, her siblings, and the rest of us who loved him dearly in prayer as we all try to return to some sense of normalcy. I'm struggling to pull myself together to help make Christmas special for my kids.

No comments: