This is actually the second time I've fallen this week. I rolled my ankle b/c of a divot in a parking lot, lost my balance, and couldn't catch myself. Thankfully, with instinct, I protected my belly. I'm pretty sure baby is perfectly fine--in fact, he/she is hiccuping away right now. My left foot is hurt pretty bad--I can't bear any weight whatsoever on it. Mark is insistent on me getting it looked at so I have an appt with an orthopedic surgeon (one who Mark has a great deal of respect for at his hospital) at 3:15 pm. I'm terrified b/c I know he's gonna want to x-ray it. I'm still waiting for a call back from my OB. Why am I so frickin' clumsy??!!
update: We just got home and thank God it's not broken--it's "just sprained" (my 5th metatarsal on my left foot). They did do x-rays but both the orthopedic doc and my ob's partner said not to even think twice about it being harmful. They covered me up with a lead apron and sweet bean is perfect. He said just to wear thick soled shoes for a while for extra support (and of course ice, elevation, and rest). I still can't put much weight on it without cringing. Mark is being so helpful and P even seems to sense something is wrong with mom. I'm so lucky to have such amazing men in my life!!
No comments:
Post a Comment