Thursday, December 6, 2007

Small brag

We made it to our 18 month BFing goal!! I am so proud!! We were just down to bedtime feeds and I decided wait until after the craziness and disrupted schedules that come with the holidays and just take nursing 1 day at a time. I didn't want to push weaning during such a hectic time. However, the next night P wanted nothing to do with nursing (he hadn't been interested for several weeks--he was ready to stop--mom not so much ). He kept pulling off signing milk. So I went to the fridge and got him a sippy of milk. He drank the whole thing. After he was finished I laid him on my shoulder and sang to him for a minute and prayed with him like I usually do after he nurses. I figured if he wanted to nurse he'd ask--but he laid his head down to cuddle. I put him in his crib awake and he went right to sleep. I, on the other hand, left the room . DH was so super supportive and kept comforting me and reminding me this is a good thing--our lil' man is growing up and becoming more independent. It's so very bittersweet though...... The next night same thing--sippy of milk, cuddling, singing, prayers, (didn't ask to nurse), put in his crib, and asleep on his own right away. I'm so proud of my lil' man, but at the same time I can't help but feel a lil' sad with this milestone. I'm so super thankful that we made it to our goal and ended BFing on his terms--when he was ready though. So, we made our goal and P self weaned!!

No comments: