Thursday, April 10, 2008

P & H brag

Gotta brag on my lil' loves ...............................

Pierce went pee in the potty for the 1st time today!! We finally got him a ring for the toilet a few weeks ago. We set him on it for the 1st time on March 26th. It didn't go so well................
Photobucket
notice the familiar toilet paper and tissues put up out of the way to help deter playing with them ). Anyhoo, he's slowly but surely warmed up to it. I got him used to sitting on the lid with his clothes on, then sitting with the lid up with his clothes on, and just within the last few days sitting on the ring with no clothes on. Well today, he was having naked butt time (has a nasty diaper rash) and I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty. He signed "toilet" so I took him. He sat there for a bit and said, "Down". So I took him down. No sooner did he walk into his room, he started laughing and peeing everywhere. I scooped him up quickly and went back to the potty..........nothing. So we went on about our business. I was putting laundry away in Harper's room and he kept stopping and holding very still. I asked him if he wanted to go sit on the potty and he signed "toilet" again. Along the way he picked up a car and train book. I told him to bring them both and I'd read to him. I sat him on the potty holding his car, Harper and I sat in the floor, and I opened the book. Immediately, Pierce started laughing and pointing at his penis. I looked and there was a drop of urine on it. I started cheering and he held really still and peed some more!! Harper and I cheered him on and he clapped too!! It was really exciting!! We called Dad and Nana to tell them what a big boy he is becoming!! We've made great strides since 1st getting the potty!!

Now for Harper...........my lil' lady is only waking up once at night now!! She's had 4+ hour stretches for the last 2 nights. She's also fully transitioned to her pack and play (we still haven't made it upstairs to her room yet). She's slept there for the entire night the last 2 nights. She's sleeping better and so am!!

If you made it this far, thanks for sharing in my joy!! I'm one proud (and well-rested) momma!!

No comments: