Wednesday, January 28, 2009

mixed results

P slept all night long. His diaper was soaked this morning, but his clothes were dry. His bottom is still a lil' red, but it's hard to know if it's from being in cloth all night b/c he was a lil' red at bedtime.

H, on the other hand, wasn't a fan. She woke up around 2:45 am fussing. I let her fuss for a while (didn't wanna encourage night waking since she usually sleeps through). After a while i decided to go make sure she was dry. again, her clothes were perfectly dry. I snuggled her for a bit and put her back in bed. Same thing, she fussed. It went on for a while longer so on Mark's request, I changed her diaper (he actually told me to change her into a sposie-- he really said sposie--and not to use cloth at night again). Her diaper was wet, but her clothes were perfectly dry. I put her in a pure goodmama (Mark) and put her back to bed. She fussed off and on until 4 am before finally going back to sleep. I know she would've gone back down quicker if I had nursed her but again, I didn't wanna encouage night waking.

I think i am going to try fleece liners. I know it's considered a success if their clothes are dry--even if the diaper is soaking. I really think H was just uncomfy from the wetness. I really didn't want to have to use any fleece liners b/c it kind of defeats the purprose of buying obv and then having $9/yard fleece touching their bums...........

No comments: