Sunday, April 11, 2010

worried

For those with weak tummies, you may not want to read........

Pierce.gif periodically has blood in his poop. I've always kind of chalked it up to him being a forceful pooper (the kid will set on the potty for 1/2 hr) and causing anal fissures. Despite being a very picky eater, he's still a relatively healthy eater (lots of fiber) and very regular, so I'm not quite sure that's it. Plus, it's only bloody on the initial wipe and not follow-up wipes. And you can see blood in his stool. It happened again this weekend and Mark said we need to call our ped ("no 4 year old should be pooping blood"). I'm terrified......... You may recall, he had blood in his poop intermittently as a newborn too and we were referred to a ped GI specialist. He was diagnosed with a normal immunological reaction and thankfully grew out of it by 6 months. I'm not quite sure what they're going to do now, but I'm calling first thing tomorrow morning to talk with a nurse. If you could please keep my number one lil' man in your thoughts and prayers, I'd be most appreciative!

No comments: