Wednesday, May 30, 2007

1st sick visit

Our 1st sick child visit is this afternoon. P's ped's office was swamped yesterday b/c of the holiday weekend and didn't return my phone call placed 10 minutes after they opened at 8:10 am until 5:10 pm. I called at 3 pm just to make sure they planned to call me back before they left for the day. I'm pretty upset, b/c when they did call back his ped had already left for the day. The on call physician said more than likely his nose is just bruised and probably not broken. We are going in today to have our ped look at it since he is sick also. I pray it's perfectly fine!! This is our 1st cold, so I'm pretty worried. They said to saline, suction, humidify, etc. Also to alternate motrin and tylenol for his fever and children's dimetapp cold and allergy every 4 hours. I'm kind of anti-med unless it's absolutely necessary. The nurse agreed with me and said to at least give it to him in the morning and at night. Despite being sick, P is still in good spirits laughing and smiling!! He's been a lil' more cuddly than usual but is still eating, sleeping, and breastfeeding great. I'll update when we get home this evening!!

No comments: