Monday, February 15, 2010

strep AND an ear infection...........

I took P to school and took Harper straight to open clinic hours with our ped. She's been running fever since Friday morning and needed to be seen. Not only does she have strep, she has an ear infection in her right ear too (left ear was pink, but not infected thankfully)! Poor baby girl! When the nurse swabbed her throatfdez3rzf she wasn't opening her mouth. I encouraged her to say "ahh" to which she complied and opened wide. They got her good....... I was holding her and she looked at me like "help me, they're hurting me" and said in the sweetest most pathetic voice, "Mom!" Oh break my heart! For the rest of her appt she kept grabbing my hand and saying, "Go mama, NOW! Our pediatrician congratulated us on Harper never having antibiotics before. While I'm proud, first antibiotics is not exactly a milestone I was anxiously looking forward to. After some stickers and lollipops we jetted to the pharmacy to get her antibiotic, cough syrup, and some yummy popsicles. Our typically great eater hasn't eaten much the last few days. Hopefully some cold fruit pops will help! Get well soon Harper!

Since strep is EXTREMELY contagious, we're watching P like a hawk. Fortunately if he starts showing sxs, we can just call in for a script w/o having to make an appt. I love our ped...........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi -
I'm a Ravelry member and read that you're interested in joining a knitting club. I was wondering if you'd like to meet at my house. I have a broken foot and cannot venture from my home [sniff, sniff]. I apologize if I come off as a bit strange...just wanting to meet and knit with locals! :)
Nina
PS - you have a lovely family! I'm married and have a 5 year old - she's MY girl!

Kelly said...

Hi Nina! What's your name on Ravelry? I'd love to get together. I'll msg you there. <3