Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Photobucket
I love this image. I found it Pierce's 1st Thanksgiving, when he was just 6 months old. I saved it to my computer and used it to wish friends a happy holiday. When I came across it last year, I paused and said, "That looks just like Sweet P!!" It still rings true today....

I have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I have two healthy beautiful babies and a loving devoted husband.

My grandfather is doing much improved today. He had an impromtu angiogram done late yesterday evening after a CT scan showed a grapefruit sized collection of blood in his stomach. The doctors were unfortunately able to find the source of the bleed. The good news though is that as of this morning, the bleeding has stopped on its own. The are planning to discharge him home tomorrow.

We're having a low key day today. We started the day off with some cinammon rolls and the Macy's parade. I was a whirl wind in the kitchen this morning, preparing dressing for tomorrow. Harper had cheese today for the 1st time. It's the 1st finger food she's had that she hasn't gagged and thrown up from. Mark's on call and is actually at the hospital right now. I'm making a meatloaf for dinner. Mom's in WI visiting her inlaws and Steven is spending Thanksgiving with a friend's family. We're celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow (although we count our blessings daily!!) when Mark will be more likely to be at home. This is the first year that I'm actually preparing the large mamjority of the turkey dinner. I'm excited but slightly nervous, as I've only made a turkey once before. Mark's dad and Kathy will be joining us.

No comments: