Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday. The 1st thing we did was get out our tree and put it up. The kids are having lots of fun with it. In fact, before P even came downstairs this morning, he pointed to the tree and said "Christmas tree lights on please". We haven't decorated it yet.......that's to come today.
Making room:
Photobucket
Pierce helping:
Photobucket
My everything:
Photobucket
Pierce actually took this photo (with no help from me):
Photobucket

I spent the day cooking some last minute dishes for our turkey dinner. After lunch, Harper and I went to visit Papa in the hospital (Mark is on call and stayed home with Pierce). Unfortunately he wasn't released like they had planned. His back has been hurting him so they did an x-ray. They found fluid in his lungs. They are limiting his fluid intake to help prevent it from developing onto pneumonia. They are also concerned about his kidneys and did an ultrasound to make sure his bladder is fully emptying. We should know the results today. We had a nice visit. He seemed really excited to see us--especially Harper. It's so difficult to see him in this state. He said he's trying hard to get better.

After getting home, we hosted Mark's dad and Kathy for dinner. This is the 1st year that I've prepared the entirety of Thanksgiving dinner and it turned out wonderful if I say so myself. We all enjoyed turkey, dressing, gravy, cranberries, candied sweet potatoes, garlic rosemary mashers, green beans, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie. Harper had an Earth's Best turkey dinner (had it 1st on Thursday for dinner) and an organic pumpkin pie baby food I found at Central Market. We're eating leftovers tonight. It was so nice to see RL and Kathy--it'd been way too long.
Sitting down for our meal:
Photobucket
A family pic in front of our un-dercorated tree:
Photobucket

No comments: