is how long it took to drop P off at school today. Even then, I had to "sneak" out. It was outside play time and I said, "I love you" and left. He turned and said, "Don't leave" and then ran to play as I followed with, "I'll be back to get you in a bit". I hope it's going smoothly.
His world is turned upside down right now, and I feel terrible that I can't put it back together. He's so confused and scared. He says he doesn't like fire stations b/c they burn your house down and he doesn't want our house to burn down. He knocks blocks down and says they are burning down. We haven't discussed the fire with him in detail nor has he seen the aftermath or pictures. We've tried making it fun by saying Nana and PawPaw are spending a vacation with us. He still knows something's wrong though. Poor guy, I just wanna wrap my arms around him and keep him safe. I pray for strength and reassurance.
No comments:
Post a Comment