Tuesday, September 22, 2009

P's got a gash in his forehead

Last night around 11:30 Mark and I heard a crash upstairs followed by a scream from Pierce. The best we can figure out, he fell out of the bed. Unusual...........he's been in a big boy bed for about a year now, and only fell out once when we first transitioned him. Mark was able to quickly settle him and I decided to stay in bed with him for a bit. Around 1:30, Mark heard him stirring so I went to check him again. He was flipping around in his bed, tossing and turning. I waited on the stairs to see if he would call out for me and heard/saw him turn his light on. I went in and he said he needed his light on to protect him from the rain. I told him I'd stay and protect him. We climbed into bed and he asked to go potty. Afterward, as we were washing our hands, I noticed something red and sticky on my forearm. It was then, that I looked at Pierce in the light (had been trying to keep the room dimly lit), I saw a gaping cut over his left eyebrow with blood all over his forehead, the side of his face, his eye, and his nose I'm assuming from falling out of bed a few hours before that. I feel awful for not noticing it sooner, but I just chalked it up to him not sleeping well since my mom moved in b/c of her house fire and especially b/c we had thunderstorms last night. Mark got up and cleaned him up, put some antibacterial ointment on it, and a magic Diego band-aid. I stayed in bed with P the rest of the night. It had stopped bleeding, but it's still a gaping cut about 1 1/2 inches long over his eyebrow. I'm taking him into open clinic this am. If it were anywhere else I wouldn't, but since it's in such a prominent place, I want to make sure it heals properly.........if it means stitches or butterfly strips. Please think of my man and I'll update when we get home!

No comments: