or well, I suppose I could like on the bright side and say it was an every so slight improvement. Instead of screaming and wailing for a half hour, it was "only" about 20 minutes of crying today. I had a long talk with Pierce's teacher when I picked him up yesterday. We decided a quick exit is easier on P. We also decided that as much as I want to keep him at home until things kind of settle down at home, school is a routine of normalcy that offers a good distraction. So for now, we'll continue. P loves school and no matter how hard it is for me to get him to stay there, he doesn't want to leave when I pick him up.
Last night was a rough night. It stormed here. I spent much of the night in bed with Pierce because he was afraid the "lightning is going to burn our house down". Last night, we grilled hamburgers and he was worried about the grill burning our house down too. I still, for the life of me, don't know how he has come up with such gruesome details from my mom's house burning. We haven't discussed it in detail with him.........he just knows Nana's house is broken. He's seen the outside of her home, but not the inside or the back (nor pictures) where the obvious damage is. I guess he's just picking it up from us talking to each other when he's in the same room. It shouldn't surprise me, he's sharp and listens even when we think he's occupied playing. We should be more careful.....
3 comments:
BIG HUG Kelly!! I agree, school is a routine for P. I'm so sorry he's putting all this together and being afraid of the lightening and grill. Continuing to say prayers for you!
I am sure he is imagining the WORSE. They are so smart at this age Hayden can deduce almost anything! I am glad friday was better! maybe with the long weekend he can gain some security
Poor Sweet P! I hope his fears ease and things get easier for you all soon.
Logan knew all about 9-11 even though we sheltered him from the news. Amazing how much these little folks pick up at this age.
Post a Comment