One of my dear friends asked for an update on Pierce. I'd been meaning to blog about his healing, and I thank her for the reminder and concern.
Pierce is doing fabulous! His eye is healing very nicely. He's been very careful with his "owie". We had a little scare this past Monday. I was in a rush with baths/bedtime and Mark was on call at the hospital. I totally forgot about his stitches and ran the washcloth right over his face. He kind of froze and said, "Mom, you're getting my owie wet (he knows we aren't supposed to get it very wet b/c the stitches are disolvable)!" I freaked b/c while I wasn't concerned about getting it wet, the stitches were all kind of just hanging there and his scab was gone (raked off by the washcloth). It started bleeding again so I just kind of dabbed it to clean it well and put some antibacterial ointment and a band aid on it. Pierce was upset b/c the water was making it burn, and I was so disappointed in myself for interfering with its healing. Fortunately the stitches had been in 1 day shy of a week, so it didn't gape back open. There is a new scab now and all stitches have come out as of this am. The last one fell out sometime overnight. I am very pleased with how it's healing--it just looks like a deep scratch right now. It's very red, but I'm praying with time, it will fade. Thankfully, it's mostly in his eyebrow so hopefully any scarring won't be very noticeable. Thanks again for thinking of my lil' brave guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment