I went to visit Papa this am. My mom sat in the lobby with Harper (don't want her around the hospital during flu season) and Pierce was at school. Papa is very coherent and looks good. His cheeks are very rosy, possibly from the fever? He's still running over a 100 degree fever, but it's not as high as it was last night when he was admitted. His CT scan of his head was clear, but the chest x-ray showed a couple of suspicious spots on his lungs that they will be keeping an eye on. He has a UTI and some sort of blood infection. He's already been given some oral antibiotics but is starting IV antibiotics this evening.
Curtis texted me this am asking me to book him a flight tomorrow morning to come home. He's still waiting for the doc to round on him but most likely will be released today. He sounded better when I talked to him today........I think a combination of more sleep, a little less pain, and perhaps less pain meds.
Please continue to keep them both in your thoughts and prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment