I decided to take Harper into the ped this am. I thought about not taking her, but with P having an ear infection I felt better having her seen. Her lungs and ears are perfect. She tested positive for type A flu (again, most likely swine flu as it's too early for seasonal flu) though. The test didn't bother her like it did Pierce. She can have 1 tsp and a half of fever meds and 1 tsp Dimetapp. Our ped does not recommend Tamiflu.........doesn't think it's all that effective and has some nasty side effects in little ones. She said for normal, healthy children, they aren't seeing much benefit from it. So we declined.
Looking on the bright side of things though.........Mark said that according to the Chief of Staff of the hospital he works at who has been attending epidemiology meetings re: the swine flu and our county--he said that it looks like H1N1 will be around for a few years. Them having it now will help protect them in the future from catching it again, and if they do, it will hopefully be a milder case
No comments:
Post a Comment